Thursday, January 15, 2015

pineapple ramos

3 oz Pineapple Juice
2 oz Heavy Cream
3/4 oz Lemon Juice
1/2 oz Simple Syrup
1/4 oz Vanilla Syrup
1 Egg White

Shake once without ice and once with ice. Strain into a Collins glass with 2-3 oz soda water. Garnish with a pineapple wedge and add a straw.
Today before 2pm at work, it was a rather slow day and I had drank a lot of coffee. Too much coffee. To keep busy besides cleaning and prep work, I decided to make a mocktail for Kelsey, our host today upstairs at Russell House Tavern. I do not have specific tasting notes for this drink since I was presenting it (instead of making it for myself). However, it follows my general recipe for a Ramos Gin Fizz at work with a few modifications. My standard Ramos Gin Fizz has 2 oz of gin and here I substituted 3 oz of pineapple juice; moreover, I upped the heavy cream from 1 1/2 oz to 2 oz here. While many times the classic is made with just simple syrup, I have seen and made recipes that include vanilla extract (such as the link above); therefore, I split the sweetener two parts simple syrup to one part vanilla syrup. I also left out the 4 drops of orange blossom water I often add in the gin version. Instead of an orange twist garnish, I selected a pineapple wedge that I had prepped for my Mytoi Gardens menu item. Kelsey had no complaints and declared that the balance was right as was the level of vanilla notes in the mix. The presentation also garnered a good deal of oohs and ahs.

No comments:

Post a Comment